07 January 2012
Never, ever, in our wildest dreams did we imagine that we would be able to revise and repost last year's version of the BBVA Compass Bowl/Pitt Coaching Search Drinking Game. To do that, of course, Pitt would a) need to be going back to Birmingham, AL for the BBVA Compass Bowl, b) Todd Graham would need to be fired/resign before he completed one year on the job, and c) Pitt would need to interview many of the same people that they have interviewed at least once before.
Unfortunately with a) a 6-6 record and lack of a traveling fan base, b) Todd Graham resigning to take his "Dream Job" at Arizona State, and c) Steve Pederson, Mark Nordenberg, and co. choosing to select a now familiar replacement, we find ourselves right back here again...one year later.
*** DISCLAIMER *** This post is intended for entertainment purposes only. Actually following these rules with alcohol could impede your ability to live until the end of the coaching search, whenever that may be.
So without further ado, we present the BBVA Compass Bowl/Pitt Coaching Search Drinking Game v2.0!
The rules are simple, if any of the following criteria are met, take the specified number of drinks:
1 drink if ESPN mentions a former, interim, current Head Coach. The list includes:
- Dave Wannstedt
- Phil Bennett
- Mike Haywood
- Todd Graham
- Keith Patterson
- Paul Chryst
1 drink if ESPN mentions any potential Head Coaches. The list includes:
- Kevin Sumlin
- Al Goldin
- Dana Holgorsen
- Tom Bradley
- Sal Sunseri
- Teryl Austin
- Mario Cristobal
- Greg Roman
- Bud Foster
- Jeff Jagodzinski
- Paul Rhoads
- Luke Fickell
- Jim Tomsula
1 additional drink for Mike Haywood if ESPN:
- Mentions that he was arrested
- Mentions that he was only the head coach for 16 days
1 additional drink for Todd Graham if ESPN:
- Mentions that he was only at Rice for 1 year
- Mentions that he left Rice just days after signing a contract extension
- Mentions that he has had 4 jobs in the last 6 years
- Mentions that he texted a Pitt staff member to forward to the players
- Compares his 1 year tenure to Lane Kiffin's stay at Tennessee
- Shows footage of Graham berating Tino Sunseri
1 additional drink for Paul Chryst if ESPN:
- Interviews him during the game
- Shows him stanging on the sideline or in the press box
Buzz Word BONUS! 2 additional drinks if ESPN:
- Mentions the phrase "High Octane"
- Mentions the phrase "Family Reasons"
- Mentions the phrase "Dream Job"
- Mentions the phrase "Mercenaries"
- Mentions the phrase "Get Off My Porch!"
- Mentions the phrase "Snakes On A Plane"
The BBVA Compass Bowl Opponent BONUS! 2 additional drinks if ESPN:
- Mentions June Jones was nearly hired as Arizona State's coach
- Mentions that Todd Graham may still be at Pitt if Arizona State hired Jones
- Mentions that this is nearly an identical situation from last year for Pitt
The Nelly BONUS! 1 additional drink if ESPN:
- Plays a Nelly song as an intro coming from a commercial/outro going to commercial
If Paul Chryst is fired during the game and a new coaching search needs to be started:
- DRINK A LOT
|< Prev||Next >|