10 February 2011
Quick link dump on a busy Thursday morning for me:
- Jamie Dixon received the Dapper Dan Sportsman of the Year award last night. Dixon thanked the Steelers and Penguins for being examples of how to be champions. No love for the Pirates?
- No, North Carolina State, Jamie Dixon will not be your coach next season.
- A very complimentary piece in today's USA Today on Pitt's goal of winning a national championship. Wanamaker on Villanova: "I feel like they stole something from me."
- Syracuse's Scoop Jardine, M.D., thinks Gibbs might return to Pitt's lineup on Saturday (ESPN Insider).
- Speaking of Syracuse, they lost at home last night in their much hyped match-up with Georgetown. As I tweeted last night, I really enjoy top-15 matchups in the Big East where I have no real interest because Pitt already beat them both. Georgetown has now won seven straight Big East games since being drilled by Pitt. Syracuse has gone in a different direction, losing four of six since losing at the Pete.
- Even better, however, is that Villanova lost in heartbreaking fashion to Mike Rice's Rutgers. Here's hoping it carries over to Saturday. If only Louisville could have beaten Notre Dame, then all would be right with the world.
- On the football side of things, Randall McCray was hired to be Todd Graham's safties / special teams coach. He was formerly the defensive coordinator / linebackers coach at Middle Tennessee State. Off the top of my head, I can't even name the conference MTSU plays in, so I have no opinion on this hire.
- Really solid article in the Trib about Todd Graham's recruiting strategy going forward, especially his efforts in talent-rich Texas.
|< Prev||Next >|