27 July 2010
- Jabaal Sheard's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday , per the PPG. Hopefully, we'll know more about the incident, or at least Sheard's side of it. I wouldn't count on a swift resolution though - Baldwin's run in with the law in April of '09 was pushed back until January, coincidentally after the epic Meineke Car Care win.
- Tomorrow is the big day for Bishop Devitt's Jameel Poteat ($). No news available tonight on where he's going, but in what may turn out to be the ultimate sports jinx, I already wrote his commitment post. Signs have pointed to a Pitt commitment for weeks, and hopefully Jameel decides to follow in the footsteps of cousin Hank and his boy, LeSean McCoy, by putting on the blue and gold. If not, blame me.
- NFLDraftScout.com has an interview and feature on Jon Baldwin and his prospects a professional. To save you the trouble: if there's an NFL to go to next season, Baldwin will be there.
- Chas over at PittBlather returned from his summer slumber (read: home repairs) with an interesting find on the possible demise of the storied Big East / SEC Challenge. I'm pretty satisfied with Pitt's scheduling so I won't shed too many tears if this is indeed the end of the partnership, as long as Pitt gets the occasional Duke/FSU/Wisconsin/OKSt non-con to look forward to.
- In what may or may not be the greatest way to start my day, I stumbled across Mountaineer Sports Net, which is taking a look back at the most memorable games at Mountaineer Field, for better or for worse. That's right: today's post was the 2007 Backyard Brawl. Ah, memories.
- The Pittsburgh blog "Bleed Black & Gold" has a report on 2012 hoops commit Steven Adams from Las Vegas, where he is competing with the New Zealand National Team. Adams averaged over 15 ppg, 12 rpg and roughly elventy million blocked shots. The author doesn't provide any links, but I'll take it.
|< Prev||Next >|